Friday, June 22, 2012

tick tock


I love clocks !

I have a few in every room , I can always fit another clock somewhere.
Although they don't really help because I never have enough time
and I am never on time either .

This ugly glass one was one I picked up from a garage sale .
It's a clock of course I brought it home with me .

Anyway no matter how much I like clocks this one was really blah !

So I took the clock pieces and hands off and
 brushed on a lot of Mod Podge and lay
it down on some pretty fabric .


Then I trimmed around it with a scalpel
and brushed more Mod Podge over the top .



I cleverly used clips to show me where to use my marks
(I still didn't put them on straight but I know what time it means )


and then I just used a hot glue gun to glue buttons on.


Much nicer now , don't you think ?

I even have a board on pinterest just for clocks , a bit obsessed maybe ..

You could make your own clock the same way by covering a mdf placemat
from craft stores and drilling a hole for the clock workings .

Whatever you do with your time have a great weekend !

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea, Clare. You made it look great. I'm a clock-o-holic too ... don't know what it is about them but I just can't seem to help myself. You have certainly given me some ideas with this one. Thank you :)

Unknown said...

Great idea! I have a pinterest board with just clocks too. We'll have to compare :) I also have a crafty clock idea, but it's a while down the track I think...

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Now that looks more like you Clare. I have to admit to having a bit of a clock fetish too!!

Jindi's Cottage said...

Oh so much prettier...clever idea...

At Number 32 said...

Thats so cute....would be perfect addition in my sewing room!

ZippyZippy said...

I love clocks too, probably dont have as many as you though ;)
I have to have one next to my bed ticking away.
I have to try your idea with the clock - love it!
Thanks for sharing, I will check out your pinterest clock page too.
Jacqueline

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Very cute Claire! Such a good idea!!!

quilary said...

What a fantastic idea Clare! Love it!

Shay said...

Very creative Clare. And It looks so much better now it has your personality stamped all over it.

Teresa said...

looooooove it!!! So clever