Thursday, October 2, 2014

burp cloth tutorial


My nieces have been having babies
so I thought I'd like to make them something
very quick and easy and decided on burp cloths.
I really don't like the name burp cloths and I'm sure
when my nieces get these they won't call them that either
I'm thinking chuckers or chux but anyway I digress.





 
First of all I prewashed some fat quarters and some new white towels.
Then I cut the length of a fat quarter (about 22") 
and the width of about 10 inches.
The same measurements were used for the towelling back.

 
I used Dickies towels for the backing although you can
buy towelling at Spotlight it's nice to support
Australian manufactures.
 
 
With right sides facing stitch around the two
pieces making sure you leave a gap for turning.
Trim corners and turn right side out.
Give it all a good press.
 
 
Top stitch all around about 1/2 inch from the edges
closing the turning gap as you go.
 
That's it!
So very, very simple but such useful gifts.
 
 
You'll have a pretty stack in no time.
 
 
 

3 comments:

France Nadeau ❅ inspiration imagination creation said...

Your burp cloths are beautiful! I think that using new towels was pretty clever. As well as using those well known wood letters to explain your picture! If I need to make burp cloths, your method will come to my mind for sure. :-)

Narelle said...

Definitely putting these on my to do yesterday list :)
Great idea and look good too.

SewCalGal said...

Sweet burp cloths. Great idea and tips. Thanks for sharing and inspiring #CreativeGoodness

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com