Saturday, April 13, 2013

chia ?





 
 This is not a sponsored post .
I'm sure you're wondering why the heck is she talking about chia.
 
 
You may already know about all this but I've only recently discovered chia.
I had heard that it was really good for you but I thought I'd do a little research .
 
 
I learned ~ from here
 
they are gluten free .
super high in dietary fibre.
eight times more omega 3 than salmon.
20%protein.
high in antioxidents (4 times higher than blueberries)
five times more calcium than milk.
seven times more vitamin C than oranges.
3 times more iron than spinach.
double the potassium content of bananas
 
They have no taste either so they don't spoil the flavour
of whatever else you have added it to .
 
 
I am NOT a health professional in any way shape or form
but if sprinkling 1 tablespoon of chia on my cereal is going
to give me all this I'm there !
 
 
As I said this is not a sponsored post although I do have a connection
with the supermarket that produces Macro foods but
they are not aware of this post and have not asked me to do it .
 
I'm just sharing some info because I'm nice like that .
 
The giveaway in the post below is still open go,go,go !
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

Copper Patch said...

But what do they taste like? Seems like a worthy addition to my breaky cereal.
Ab

StasaLynn said...

Wow.... I have never heard of Chia and I am definitely going to be adding these to my salad, cereal, etc..... I need the calcium!

Thank you so much!

ButterandBuntings said...

I need to eat more of this stuff i think! I have a recipe for chia pudding I should try. Thanks for sharing! x

Mary Hamilton said...

My daughter has been using Chia and I had seen it in some diet blogs I follow. Great information. Love your blog, just found it from Sew Many Ways linky! Added you to my feeds

Bree said...

You sold me. I purchased a mixed jar of black and white chia yesterday and have been feeding it to both my children and myself. Just in cereal or in yoghurt. You only really need a tablespoon per day so it's easy to achieve. Thanks!

Gloria said...

Thanks for the info... I love my Chia tea had no Idea it was good for you.

Caroline Buckland said...

I'll give these a go, had read about them but didn't realise they had no taste. Important when trying to get them into kids!