Friday, September 21, 2012

what's up ?

 
What's up Doc ?
I know very corny but that's me .
 
The majority of the visits to my little ol' blog is to the carrots tutorial .
 
But......
lately things are changing and the Under the Christmas Tree linky
on Sundays is receiving huge amounts of hits.
 
Last week Melanie was the only one who linked up , thanks Melanie
but as Christmas is getting closer and closer we all need some
inspiration so I do hope more link up this week .
 
It's a great way to find different blogs and make new friends
all while getting a Christmas scare treat .
 
Just so you're not leaving here empty handed today I'll share
with you the new family favourite ~ Carrot Cake !
I used to think Carrot Cake was a bit ho hum but this
is just delicious and so very easy to make .

Grate 3 medium carrots and add to 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
2 eggs, 1 cup castor sugar , 1 cup plain flour ,3/4 cup canola oil,
1/2 tsp vanilla , a pinch of salt , 1 tsp sodi bicarb and 1/2 tsp mixed spice.
Mix together and bake at 180c for about 45 minutes using a ring tin .

 
Cream cheese icing ~ 1 tsp butter , 1/2 cup soft cream cheese
1 cup sifted icing sugar and a good splash of lemon juice .
Mix , mix , mix and spread on cold cake .

Do not bother putting this cake in the fridge
everyone just keeps taking it out and eating it .
 
If you don't have a ring tin (sounds like Rin Tin Tin )
just use a 20cm round tin with a small clean tin in the centre.
 
See you on Sunday for Christmas linking !

2 comments:

CeLynn said...

So sorry that I missed the linky on last week :( I was so busy with my project for the Dots on Dots blog hop that I didn't get to it. However I fully intend to link up this week :)

Your carrot cake looks yummy,I like to add golden raisins to mine :) I just place it in a cake dish on the counter,because it does disappear rather quickly!

nicole said...

that cake looks delish!! will definitely be making that next time i have some carrots (and time) spare...