Friday, September 28, 2012

let's make up

 
I've seen various tutorials around using felt circles and thought
how great they were but because I don't have a circle
cutter thingy there is no way I would be cutting 100 plus circles by hand.
So I thought I would give these cheap make up pads a go .

 
All I did was fold them in half and scrunch the bottom to form a point
and then hot glued the point to a styrofoam ball .
I used a knitting needle to pierce a hole all the way through
the ball first and threaded some cord through for hanging.

 
Then I glued and glued and glued and glued and


 
I ended up with this !
The photo doesn't do it justice it really is the softest
and prettiest thing and really beautiful !
Well worth all the gluing .
 
Don't forget if you have some Christmas craft even if
it is from last year come and link up here on Sunday to show us .

11 comments:

LittleWhiteDove said...

How cute is that! Great idea!

Jane said...

That's beautiful and such a clever idea to use those cosmetic pads!!!

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

How clever are you, that's a great idea! Very pretty!

Ditzy and Dotty said...

Great idea, I think I'll have to try this.

Unknown said...

What a brilliant idea, will have to try this with a wedding in mind.

Chrissie said...

Sorry, just saw blogger had me as unknown

Kate said...

What a fab idea you clever lady. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great idea!! Love your recipes too - so simple, no fuss, and very yum :)

Embroidery horizons said...

Cool idea :)

Embroidery designs said...

Cool idea

Unknown said...

I heard about the art of collage, but it's a great kind of different implementation...
art supplies