Thursday, October 24, 2013

we all fall down

 
My favourite part of Christmas is the decorating.
 
These old, old Christmas trees of mine have seen better days.
Each year I drag them out and each year when they're not falling
over they just look very uninspiring.
I have had these daggy trees since I was a tiny thing
so I couldn't really get rid of them and I could have
sprayed them but then they wouldn't be the same.
 
I just gave them a very good dust and popped them into
some jars I had and poured some rock salt in the base.
This has kept them the same and stopped them falling over
but now they look really pretty sitting on a mirror.

 
I can't wait till I can start decorating for real!
When do you start?

8 comments:

Marls said...

What a great save. They look so good. Can't wait to start decorating.

Teresa said...

They look really lovely Clare. We always start on the first of December but I think earlier is better so you have more time to enjoy the Christmas spirit.

Jan said...

What a great idea, Clare. that should keep them going a bit longer and gladdening your heart each year. Like Teresa, I like to start decorating early to have plenty of time to enjoy all those lovely things we only see once a year.

Jan said...

What a great idea, Clare. that should keep them going a bit longer and gladdening your heart each year. Like Teresa, I like to start decorating early to have plenty of time to enjoy all those lovely things we only see once a year.

CatNCart Craft said...

They look so cute in the jars.. what a wonderful way to display lifelong treasures
Judy

Kate said...

Clare, what a fabulous idea for those trees! It's so nice to keep and use our old favourites. I absolutely love the Christmas season!!!!

Melody said...

What a great idea. They look fabulous.

Apple Avenue Quilts said...

Your trees look lovely. I start decorating right after Thanksgiving day(U.S.). I'm trying to simplify a little this year, but we'll see if I really can!