Tuesday, July 16, 2013

here chook chook chook

 
I found this old chook at a garage sale years ago.
 
She has been perched high on a cupboard looking down at me ever since.
Although I loved her and her shape I just couldn't
bring myself to use something that was so , so brown.
 
It was about time I did something about this lovely old girl.
 
I gave her a good wash and a very light sand.
Two coats of sealer were then applied.
 
A couple of sprays with some pink glossy paint and ta da!
 

 
She looks so happy now being a real part of the family.

11 comments:

miss~nance said...

Oh I love the revamp. All kitchens need a bright pink chook....

Gail

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Great job...love it

Jane from Lil Pip said...

Clare - how fantastic!! From 80s brown to funky now!

Magical Mystical MiMi said...

I love it! I've seen these around and wondered what the heck people did with them, mainly they just stored little odds and ends in them, maybe a cash stash but for the most part they just sat on shelves. I love that you brought yours down and brought it back to life!

Gem Bentick said...

Love her!

Heather said...

Love your chook! I had one exactly the same and as you say she is basically lovely but the brown colour is wrong....wish I had kept her now!

forgetmenots blue said...

What a great idea! I'm going to be looking out for one now to do this too :)

Anorina (Samelias Mum) said...

What a fun chook. A lovely pink lady to store your bits and pieces.

Shay said...

Fabulous makeover. She looks so happy wearing her new colour!

Fiona @ Dragonfly-Crafts said...

Very nice. So much prettier in pink

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

It's beautiful Clare and I'm so glad that you're on the mend thanks for linking.