Thursday, September 1, 2011

well hello Spring , it's nice to have you back !



It's nice to have you back too !
Let's get started on making some beautiful daffodils .
You will need some daffodily coloured fabric,
some thin wire , buttons, cardboard for templates
and green electrical tape .

 
Use the cardboard to make a petal template
the one used here is about 2" high .
Cut out your template and use it to trace 6 petals
on double fabric with right sides facing.
Stitch around all the petals before cutting them
out with pinking shears .
 
 
Turn the petals right side out and press.
Tack along the base of the petals without breaking
the thread in between keeping them all together .
 
 
Pull the thread to form flower shape and stitch
securely together .
 
 
Cut two different pieces of coloured fabric approx
4" wide x 2" high .
Stitch along the top .
Open out and fold to form a tube , stitch .
Fold under raw edges.
Turn right side out with the folded edges as your base.
Turn over a small piece at the top.
Gather and secure the base with neat stitching .
 
 
Stitch centre to petals .
 
 
Thread wire through button .
 
 
Push the wired button through the centre of the flower.
Cover the wire with green electrical tape .
 

 
I hope I have made all this very clear and
haven't forgotten any photos or steps .

Wishing you all a blooming gorgeous Spring !

21 comments:

Melody said...

You are SO clever. Your daffodils are gorgeous.

Sally said...

What a fabulous idea. These would look great when wrapping pressies. I'm going to add them to my long list of things to make so that I have some in my gift wrap box ready to go :)

Shay said...

Very very cute.

I agree with Sally - these would make fantastic additions to wrapped gifts.

Fee said...

They are lovely Clare. Well Done. Hugs - Fee X

BumbleBri said...

Considering that fall is right around the corner, this is an excellent craft project that i could use in order to turn back time :) they're cute!

Heather said...

These are really gorgeous Clare, great idea!

Anonymous said...

These are so great, Clare!! Can't wait to make some. Thanks for sharing your wonderful, creative self with us. *grin*

quilary said...

They look fabulous! I feel very "spring-y" looking at them. Thanks for the great tutorial :)

CatNCart Craft said...

Looking forward to making these - they look so sweet. Thanks for the tutorial
Judy

Vanessa R said...

Clare - these are so beautiful - going to make some for myself!

Barb said...

sooooo cute!!

manda said...

Oh wow, I love them!!! I'm never going to be able to make them though...want to make some for me and I'll make something for you?

Christy Franklin said...

Oh my! That is soooo cool!!! Can't wait to try and make these. Thanks for posting a tutorial.

RobynLouise said...

Clare, I'll give this a go with florist's tape as SIL is a florist and florist's tape is more forgiving than electrical tape. I have 10 thumbs sometimes :(.
I'm also a sucker for spots and stripes so would love to know what this fabric is! I love how easy your tutorials are.
Cheerio,
Robyn

Simone de Klerk said...

Yum yum! Thank you for the great tutorial!

JessicaSews said...

Oh My, Clare... those daffodils are so cute!

(daffodils are one of my favorites, but I never see them in our yard because of the deer...!)

Larissa said...

These daffodils are gorgeous Claire!!
Thanks for the tutorial!!!

Deborah said...

Fantastic daffy and easy tutorial, thank you.

mis manos said...

mil gracias...............

rcartwright said...

Hi Im writing a blog post on inspiring St Davids day crafts. Would it be ok to add a link to your page?

Phan ThÆ°Æ¡ng said...

As one of Chinese famous valve supplier, TFW's products are exported to over 50 countries. Has standardinzed production ISO certificate, as weel as CE, TUV, and other certificate. long warranty. short delivery. top valve manufacture. More: butterfly valve